Not sure what sized wood bowl you should buy? We have sizing guidelines below to help you decide.
One consideration is whether you're serving side salads or larger meal-size salads, or what we call "salad for dinner.” The bigger the serving size of the salad, of course, the bigger the bowl you'll want. A 12-inch bowl, for example, will easily serve 4 side salads, and is a good choice for smaller households. We recommend it for 2 meal-sized or main course salads.
If you chop or tear your lettuce into small pieces, your salad bowl will hold lots more, about double. A great tip when you're entertaining.
Over the years, we have also noticed that folks are eating a lot bigger salads. Our 7-inch bowl is still the standard for a side salad, but more people are buying the larger 8-inch wood bowl.
Watch the video for the Bowl Man's explanation, and skip below to see our sizing chart.
• 7-inch bowl easily serves one typical restaurant-size side salad.
• 8-inch bowl holds about twice as much for folks who make salad their main meal.
• 10-inch bowl easily serves 2 restaurant-size side salads or 1 large meal-size "Salad for Dinner."
• 12-inch bowl serves 3-4 side salads or 2 "Salads for Dinner."
• 15-inch bowl serves 6-8 side salads or 4 "Salads for Dinner."
• 17-inch bowl serves 18-20 side salads for a crowd or 8 meal-size salads.
Note: A 17-inch huge wooden salad bowl is the equivalent of 2 15-inch bowls. Sometimes you just want a bowl that dazzles with its size, but it's plenty practical to buy two bowls - you'll most likely use them more often. Use one for everyday, and when entertaining a crowd, place one bowl at each end of the table or buffet.
• A 19-inch bowl is just about the largest wooden bowl "Made in The World" - really! And once in a while, we'll find a tree that can be made into an even larger bowl, but they're pretty rare.
Take this idea and make it your own
Chop or tear your lettuce, and your bowl will magically hold just about double the ingredients! All of a sudden, a 12 inch bowl will serve a family of four. It's a little extra work to chop your salad, but the bite size pieces will mix with your other ingredients. Bonus, neater forkfuls of salad. Less likelihood of a large leaf of lettuce laden with salad dressing making its way down the front of your clean shirt or into your lap at the table.
Cherry Wood Salad Bowl 12" (Serves 4) Free Shipping
from $ 99.99
Side Salad Bowl Set 8" Bowl Twice as Large as Most
from $ 119.99
Wood Salad Bowl Set Cherry 7"
from $ 99.99
Large Cherry Wooden Salad Bowl 15" (Serves 6-8)
from $ 169.99